The ES-3000 Exploration Seismograph is a full featured seismograph for a fraction of the price of other seismograph systems. The ES-3000 is capable of acquiring data on up to 24 channels. If you are a geoscientist teaching or performing research, or need to perform simple seismic surveys such as depth to bedrock exploration, the ES-3000 is for you. Use the ES-3000 for refraction, MASW/MAM, downhole, crosshole, or tomography surveys, as well as for more niche use cases such as earthquake, quarry blasts, or heavy equipment monitoring.
The system includes ESOS data acquisition software and the ES-3000 seismodule connects directly to your PC via the Ethernet port – no additional hardware or drivers are required. Use your laptop to view, record and even process your data using our software like SeisImager/2D-STD. The ES-3000 is shock-proof, dust-proof, submersible and able to withstand extreme temperatures. Engineered to last, we confidently offer a 3-year warranty for each new ES-3000 sold, an industry leading offer.
Features and benefits
- Ultra Light-Weight: 8 lb., 3.5 kg, easy to carry and deploy
- 3 Year Warranty: Supported by full time customer service staff with 4 technicians, 4 geophysicists, real-time on-line support available.
- Free Data Analysis Software: Includes SeisImager/2D Lite data analysis software enabling quick field data analysis for seismic refraction surveys.
- Unmatched Specifications: 24 bit, ultra-high resolution 20 kHz bandwidth (8 to 0.02 ms sampling), low distortion (0.0005%), low noise (0.2uV), stacking accuracy (1/32 of sample interval).
- Built Rugged: Passes MIL810E vibration test, survives 1.5m drop onto concrete in 14 orientations, submersible.
- Easy Interface: Connects to any laptop or PC via standard network port. Plug the Geode into your building network and operate it remotely.
- Noiseless Digital Transmission: Data transmitted from Geodes digitally on light, inexpensive cables.
- Complete Performance and Line Testing: Built-in test finds bad geophones, cables. Interfaces with Geometrics field portable test oscillator when specifications verfication is required.
- Competitively priced: Recover your investment in the first few jobs.
- Simple Interface: Easy interface requires no complicated drivers; plugs directly into your PC Ethernet port.
- SCS Add-Ons: Optional software for blast and vibration measurements, earthquake monitoring.
8, 12, 16, or 24 channels, operated from Windows XP/7/8/10 PC. System includes ES-3000 Operating Software (ESOS). Optional software for self-triggering and continuous recording available.
- A/D Conversion: 24-bit result using Crystal Semiconductor sigma-delta converters and Geometrics proprietary over sampling.
- Dynamic Range: 144 dB (system), 110 dB (instantaneous, measured) at 2 ms, 24 dB.
- Distortion: 0.0005% @ 2 ms, 1.75 to 208 Hz.
- Bandwidth: 1.75 Hz to 8 kHz.
- Common Mode Rejection: > 100 dB at <= 100 Hz, 36 dB.
- Crosstalk: -125 dB at 23.5 Hz, 24 dB, 2 ms.
- Noise Floor: 0.20 µV, RFI at 2 ms, 36 dB, 1.75 to 208 Hz.
- Stacking Trigger Accuracy: 1/32 of sample interval.
- Maximum Input Signal: 44 mV P-P, 36 dB
- Input Impedance: 20 kOhm, 0.02 µf.
- Preamplifier Gains: Standard factory configuration is 24 and 36 dB. Software-selectable
- Anti-alias Filters: -3 dB at 83% of Nyquist frequency; down 90 dB or more ≥ Nyquist frequency
- Acquisition and Display Filters:
- Low Cut: OUT, 10, 15, 25, 35, 50, 70, 100, 140, 200, 280, 400 Hz, 24 or 48 dB/octave, Butterworth.
- Notch: OUT, 50, 60, 150, 180 Hz, with the 50 dB rejection bandwidth 2% of center frequency.
- High Cut: OUT, 32, 64, 125, 250, 500, 1000 Hz, 24 or 48 dB/octave.
- Sample Interval: 0.0625, 0.125, 0.25, 0.5, 1.0, 2.0 ms
- Record Length: 4,096 samples standard; 16,384 samples and 65,536 samples optional. Record length of 16,384 samples comes standard with purchase of SeisImager/SW surface wave data analysis software.
- Pre-trigger Data: Up to full record length.
- Delay: 0 to 9,999 ms in 1 sample interval steps.
- Triggering: Positive, negative, or contact closure, software adjustable threshold
- Line Testing: Real-time noise monitor displays output from geophones.
- Data Transmission: Ethernet data transmission standard over CAT5 copper wire.
- Data Formats: SEG-2 standard.
- Data Storage: Internal hard drive of laptop PC
- Plotter: Drives any Windows-compatible plotter or printer.
- System Software: Basic operating software includes full compliment of acquisition, display, plotting, filtering and storage features. Numerous optional features available; see SCS data sheet.
- Ports: One 61-pin Bendix connector for geophone input, one 3-socket Bendix connector for trigger, one 10-pad UU connector for networking, one 5-pin BH connector for power.
- Power: Requires 12V external battery. Uses 0.65 W/channel during acquisition.
- Environmental: Operates from -30ºC to +70ºC (-22ºF to +158ºF). Watertight, crushproof, dustproof. Passes MIL810E/F vibration test and 14-point drop test
- Physical: L: 25.4 cm; W: 30.5 cm; H: 17.75 cm; Weight: 3.6 kg (10x12x7 in; 8 lb). Uses waterproof Bendix 61-pin connector for geophone input.
- System Software: ESOS includes a full complement of acquisition, filtering, display, and storage features.
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/10.
- Bundled Applications Software: SeisImager/2D Lite refraction analysis software from OYO.
- Warranty: Three years standard, extended warranty available.
Shipping Weights & DIMS
|Contents||Dimensions (L x W x H)||Weight|
|Case 1 - ES-3000 Seismograph Only||12in x 14in x 8in
26cm x 31cm x 18cm
|Case 2 - ES-3000 w/ Surveying Equipment Kit||28in x 20in x 16in
71cm x 50cm x 40cm
- Find bedrock, depth-to-water, faults and fractures.
- Ideal for engineering, construction, and road building
- UBC Vs30/ IBC Vs100 Site Classification
- Teaching and research