Geometrics, Inc., a world-leading developer and manufacturer of geophysical instruments and software is currently seeking a Director of Finance. The Director of Finance will manage Geometrics accounting department and engage with senior management within Geometrics and the parent company and incorporates the following tasks:
Manage the employees and responsibilities of the accounting staff, including the following areas of responsibility:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Customer finance term approvals and international banking paperwork
- Banking transactions and reconciliations
- Cost Accounting
- General Ledger reconciliations and reporting
- Month- and year-end close activities
Ensure policies and procedures are kept up to date, modifying them to improve efficiency and accommodate changing staff, while complying with good corporate controls and governance standards, parent company policies, and J-SOX. Ensure policies are followed and correct sign-off and double checks are performed and documented.
Provide Information for Strategic Financial Direction:
- Assist Geometrics management team by determining financial metrics of importance, and tracking improvements in them as steps towards improved corporate income
- Recommend staffing levels and improved methods for handling accounting and financial activities
- Respond to parent company for reporting, budgeting, and tracking performance
- Communicate with sister companies on issues of common concern
- Analyze ROI on company endeavors, such as engineering projects, improvements or investments in manufacturing or building relationships with outside suppliers
- Analyze profitability of Geometrics products, including trends, major market segments, major customers, and make suggestions on company strategy using such data
- Contribute towards top-level company management for ways in which we can improve profitability
- 15 years’ experience in accounting, including 5 years’ experience managing others in accounting functions and at least 2 years at the director level.
- BA degree or higher in finance or business administration
- Expert knowledge of all accounting functions and an ERP system
- Expert knowledge of using advanced reporting tools, such as Excel, including VBA, Access, including SQL, and a demonstrated ability to learn such methods and apply them to automate reporting
- Demonstrated decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to manage relationships between the accounting department and other crucial departments in the organization, including sales, customer support, and manufacturing
- Ability to influence company direction and strategy through persuasion and analysis, and a track record and reputation of having good thoughts and ideas.
This position may be modified from time to time to meet Geometrics business needs.
We offer a dynamic, challenging environment and a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Ability to review and input information/data on a computer (8 plus hours a day with breaks)
- Must have manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard and standard office equipment
- Ability to sit, walk, and stand in an office, conference room, and other work environments
- Able to see and hear to participate in “in-person” and “virtual” meeting, with shared computer screens and other remote technology
- When necessary, an ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week and during non-traditional business hours to accommodate our international customers and parent company
- Able to work from our Corporate Office in San Jose, CA on a regular basis (with a flexible hybrid work schedule)
Click here to download a copy of this job description Director of Finance 2021-11