Geometrics, Inc., a world-leading developer and manufacturer of instruments and tools for measuring
and analyzing geophysical structures and other complex systems, is currently seeking an Accounting Manager with a strong accounting background and experience in a manufacturing environment. The
position reports to the Director of Finance and will lead the accounting functions by using their skills
to automated process, recommend improvements, facilitate month-end processes, ensure audit
readiness, establish J-SOX controls, and provide analysis to Operations.
This individual is responsible for overseeing the accounting operations and applying accounting
principles and procedures to prepare accurate financial reports and ensure appropriate accounting
This individual should have a strong accounting background within a manufacturing environment,
familiarity with ERP systems, and be proficient with Excel and Access. Overall understanding of
financial management of inventory which involves the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target
costing projects, margin analysis, and tracking costs back to underlying activities.
The ideal candidate must be hands on and willing to be intricately involved in the daily details of
running an accounting group, develop new workflow for financial auditors, and become familiar with
our company and products.
The Accounting Manager will be involved with:
- Month-end close
- Established inventory accounting standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with
- Create and review the controls needed or cost accounting data accumulation and reporting
- Review standard costs and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Validate the cost of goods as part of the month-end close
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing on spending variances
- Assist with internal controls management
- Developing/improving processes/procedures
- Ensuring regulatory compliance and audit readiness
- Oversee costs management to ensure alignment with Company’s goals
Assist with the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements
- Point of contact for internal and external audits banking issues, projects, and activities
- Experience working with government contracts a plus
- Flexible with other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Accounting or Finance
- Strong GAAP knowledge, CMA is preferred, but not required
- Over seven years finance experience with budgeting, cost accounting, manufacturing
- Excellent ERP skills as well as advanced Excel - pivot tables, lookups, graphing, and heavy
overall data analysis
- Documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Must have a strong work ethic, organized, professional attitude, reliable, and self-starter
Attentive to accuracy and detail
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management,
and external agencies to maximize performance and results
Able to discuss and articulate accounting practices, especially regarding unique situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
This position may be modified from time to time to meet Geometrics business needs.
We offer a dynamic, challenging environment and a comprehensive benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer
- In consideration of the physical demands, we have included the minimum physical requirements.
- Ability to work more than a 40-hour week if necessary.
- Ability to review and input information/data on a computer (up to 8 hours a day with breaks).
- Must have manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard and standard office equipment.
- Ability to sit, walk, and stand in an office, conference room, and other work environments.
- Able to see and hear to participate in “in-person” and “virtual” meeting, with shared computer
screens and other remote technology
- Able to work from our Corporate Office in San Jose, CA on a regular basis (with a flexible
hybrid work schedule)
- This position may be modified from time to time to meet Geometrics business needs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
. Please put “accountant2022” and your name
in the subject line.
Click here to download a copy of this job description Finance Accounting Manager