The Geode Exploration Seismograph is the most popular engineering seismograph in the world, used by both academics and geophysical professionals. The Geode is a versatile and flexible seismograph, small and lightweight enough to pack into your suitcase, yet easily expandable if needed for full-scale 2D and 3D surveys via our intelligently designed distributed architecture. Use the Geode for reflection, refraction, MASW/MAM, or tomography surveys, as well as for more niche use cases such as earthquake, quarry blasts, or heavy equipment monitoring. The Geode can also easily handle marine profiling and continuous recording!
Use your laptop to view, record and even process your data using our software like SeisImager/2D-STD. You can connect Geodes together to build systems of over 1,000 channels. Geodes are shock-proof, dust-proof, submersible and able to withstand extreme temperatures. Engineered to last, we confidently offer a 3-year warranty for each new Geode sold, an industry leading offer.
Features and benefits
- Ultra Light-weight: 8 lb., 3.6 kg, modules are easy to carry and deploy.
- 3 Year Warranty: Supported by full time customer service staff with 4 technicians, 4 geophysicists, real-time on-line support available.
- Expandable: Available with 3 to 24 channels per module; connect more modules to build low cost distributed systems up to 1000 channels.
- Unmatched Specifications: 24 bit, ultra-high resolution 20 kHz bandwidth (8 to 0.02 ms sampling), low distortion (0.0005%), low noise (0.2uV), stacking accuracy (1/32 of sample interval).
- GPS Synchronization: Sub-sample timing accuracy so you know exactly when an event occurs.
- Built Rugged: Passes MIL810E vibration test, survives 1.5m drop onto concrete in 14 orientations, submersible.
- Easy Interface: Connects to any laptop or PC via standard network port. Plug the Geode into your building network and operate it remotely.
- Noiseless Digital Transmission: Data transmitted from Geodes digitally on light, inexpensive cables.
- Complete Performance and Line Testing: Built-in test finds bad geophones, cables. Interfaces with Geometrics field portable test oscillator when specifications verfication is required.
- Versatile Seismic Recorder: Petroleum exploration and monitoring, engineering studies, depth to bedrock, fault and fracture location, hydrologic investigations, research and teaching.
- Reflection: Suitable for shallow reflection, deep reflection, 2-D and 3-D surveys
- Refraction: Comes with built-in first break picking and analysis
- Marine Surveys: Very fast time between shots, real-time single-trace gathers, gun monitoring, noise snapshots, tape swapping for 24/7 operation.
- Sub-bottom Profiling: Works with boomers, sparkers, bubble-pulse sources or air guns
- 4-D Time Lapse Surveys: Weather-proof Geodes can be left in place or redeployed easily for accurate repeat surveys
- Earthquake Monitoring: Uses STA/LTA type algorithm to trigger on incoming data stream, synchronizes with GPS clock
- Continuous Recording: Continuous mode plus GPS synchronization for blast and vibration monitoring, general industrial applications.
- MASW: UBC Vs30/ IBC Vs100 Site Classification, microzonation studies (H/V method), foundational engineering