The G-857 provides a reliable, low-cost solution for a variety of magnetic search and mapping applications. Single keystroke operation means the G-857 can be operated by non-technical field personnel and used in teaching environments. Utilizing the well-established proton precession method, the system allows for accurate measurements to be made with virtually no dependence upon variables such as sensor orientation, temperature or location.
The automated cycling option with long sensor cable and external power connection allows the G-857 to be used as a base station instrument for the measurement of diurnal changes in the Earth’s magnetic field. Optional GPS allows data to be stamped with time and Latitude/Longitude positions. Quickly and easily upload GPX waypoint survey routes to the GPS for in-field navigation using MagMap software. If you’re looking for a basic low-cost magnetometer with base station configurations, the G-857 Proton Magnetometer is the instrument of choice.
Features and benefits
- Versatile: Use as a single sensor magnetometer, vertical gradiometer, or base station for diurnal corrections.
- Economically Priced: Great for academic settings, small companies, or personal hobbies, as well as professionals in the oil and gas industry.
- Great for Any Application: Well suited for mapping geological structures, mineral exploration, and search for industrial, environmental, or archaeological targets.
- Easy to Operate: Designed for use by experienced and non-skilled personnel.
- Rugged Weatherproof Construction: Works in extreme weather and temperatures.
- Optional Integrated GPS with In-Field Steering: Data points can be stamped with GPS position and time.
- Environmental: Find abandoned wells, pipes, and storage tanks quickly.
- Archaeology: Perform basic magnetic archeology surveys.
- Geology: Survey for regional variations in the magnetic field for mining and oil and gas applications.