DescriptionGeometrics’ G-882 Marine Magnetometer is the leading marine system in the industry with 1000+ systems sold worldwide! The G-882 is the only system that meets the standards required for UXO clearance in the North Sea. This very high-resolution Cesium vapor marine magnetometer is low in cost, small in size, and offers flexibility for professional surveys in shallow or deep water. Use your personal computer with our MagLog™ software to log, display and print GPS position and magnetic field data. The system directly interfaces to all major side-scan manufacturers for tandem tow configurations. Being small and lightweight, it is easily deployed and operated by one person. Add several streamlined weight collars and the system can quickly weigh more than 100 lb. for deep-tow applications.
Features and benefits
- Cesium Vapor High Performance: Highest detection range and high probability of detecting all sized ferrous targets.
- Streamlined Design for Tow Safety: Low probability of fouling in fishing lines or rocks. Rugged fiber-wound fiberglass housing.
- Sample at up to 20Hz: Unparalleled data density while also covering larger areas per day.
- Sensor can be Rotated for Optimal Signal: Can be used worldwide.
- Easy Portability and Handling: No winch required. Built-in easy-carry handle. Operable by a single man; only 44 lb. with 200 ft. cable.
- Internal CM-221 Mini-Counter: This little counter provides multi-sensor sync and data concatenation, allowing the user to combine multiple systems for increased coverage.
- Export Version Available: Use anywhere in the world without need for an export license (except embargoed countries). See specifications.
G-882 Marine MagnetometerSoftware: MagLogLite™ Data Logging software, purchased separately, allows recording and display of data and position with automatic anomaly detection. Additional software options include: MagLog Pro™, advanced logging software; MagMap™, a plotting and contouring package; and MagPick™ post-acquisition processing software.
MAGNETOMETER / ELECTRONICS
- Operating Principle: Self-oscillating split-beam Cesium vapor (non-radioactive).
- Operating Range: 20,000 to 100,000 nT.
- Operating Zones: The earth’s field vector should be at an angle greater than 10° from the sensor’s equator and greater than 6° away from the sensor’s long axis. Automatic hemisphere switching.
- Noise: <0.004 nT/ Hzrms. (SX (export) version: <0.02 nT/ Hzrms).
- Max Sample Rate: 20 Hz.
- Heading Error: < 1 nT (over entire 360° spin).
- Output: RS-232 at 1,200 to 19,200 Baud.
- Power: 24 to 32 VDC, 0.75 A at power-on and 0.5 A thereafter.
- DIA: 7 cm; L: 137 cm (2.75x54 in) (with fin assembly).
- Weight: 18 kg (40 lb).
- Includes sensor and electronics and 1 main weight. Additional collar weights are 6.4 kg (14 lb) each; total of 5 capable.
- DIA: 12 mm; L: 800 m (0.47 in x 2,625 ft).
- Weight: 7.7 kg (17 lb) with terminations.
- Break strength: 1,630 kg (3,600 lb).
- Bend diameter: 30 cm (12 in).
- Operating Temperature: -35°C to +50°C (-30°F to +122°F).
- Storage Temperature: -45°C to +70°C (-48°F to +158°F).
- Altitude: 9,000 m (30,000 ft).
- Depth: 4,000 psi (2,730 m; 8956 ft).
- Water Tight: O-Ring sealed for up to 4,000 psi depth operation.
- Standard: Operation manual, shipping/storage container, ship kit with tools and hardware, power supply, MagLogLiteTM, MagMapTM and MagPickTM processing software, depth transducer, altimeter.
- Optional: Steel tow cable to 6,000 m (19,600 ft) with telemetry, longitudinal or transverse gradiometer, plastic Pelican® case, MagLogProTM, collar weights.
Typical Detection Range for Common Objects
- Ship: 1000 tons 0.5 to 1 nT at 800 ft (244 m)
- Anchor: 20 tons 0.8 to 1.25 nT at 400 ft (120 m)
- Automobile: 1 to 2 nT at 100 ft (30 m)
- Light Aircraft: 0.5 to 2 nT at 40 ft (12 m)
- Pipeline (12 inch): 1 to 2 nT at 200 ft (60 m)
- Pipeline (6 inch): 1 to 2 nT at 100 ft (30 m)
- Iron: 100 kg 1 to 2 nT at 50 ft (15 m)
- Iron: 100 lb 0.5 to 1 nT at 30 ft (9 m)
- Iron: 10 lb 0.5 to 1 nT at 20 ft (6 m)
- Iron: 1 lb 0.5 to 1 nT at 10 ft (3 m)
- Screwdriver: 5-inch 0.5 to 2 nT at 12 ft (4 m)
- Bomb: 1000 lb 1 to 5 nT at 100 ft (30 m)
- Bomb: 500 lb 0.5 to 5 nT at 50 ft (16 m)
- Grenade: 0.5 to 2 nT at 10 ft (3 m)
- Shell: 20 mm 0.5 to 2 nT at 5 ft (1.8 m)
An Important Note About AltimetersGeometrics recommends that customers purchase the G-882 and altimeter together from Geometrics to ensure full factory testing and compatibility. For more details about this, please click here.
Shipping Weights & DIMS
|Contents||Dimensions (L x W x H)||Weight|
|Case 1 - G-882 Marine Magnetometer||66in x 16in x 15in 168cm x 41cm x 38cm||148lbs 67kg|
- Detection and Mapping of ferrous objects: Ferrous objects of all sizes, such as anchors, chains, cables, pipelines, ballast stones and other scattered shipwreck debris, munitions of all sizes (UXO), aircraft, engines and any other object with a magnetic expression.
- Geologic Studies: Characterize the magnetic signature of the Earth over vast distances for geologic studies