DescriptionThe Atom-3C is a passive seismograph which can collect microtremor measurements for Vs determination to depths as great as ~1.5 km, no spread cables needed! The Atom-3C is composed of multiple, three-channel acquisition units and our SeisImager Surface Wave processing package. The Atom-3C is unique in that it does not rely on traditional and heavy spread cables. Users are no longer constrained by preset spacing/geometries or by site conditions such as high traffic areas, roads, and driveways. The Atom-3C is a complete solution, composed of individual acquisition units with 24-bit A/D conversion, GPS-controlled timing, 8 GB of internal data storage and an adjustable sample rate. Each acquisition unit weighs approximately 3.5 pounds and has a battery life of up to 70 hours between charges. The standard 8 GB memory can record for 560 hours. For extended recording, the internal memory is up-gradable to 32GB. Charge up to twelve acquisition units at once! Plan your passive survey exactly as needed with the Atom-3C, no compromises needed.
Features and benefits
- Internal Power: No big batteries to lug around! Low energy consumption paired with an internal battery provides up to 70 hrs of operation per charge.
- Data Acquisition is Simple: Turn on the Atom and GPS timestamped data starts to be collected in a couple minutes. No laptop required for data acquisition, just place the Atom-3C and Geophone in position before moving to the next station.
- Wireless Platform Benefits: No cables need for accurate time stamped data, that’s taken care of through the internal GPS. After data collection, easily download the data with our wireless downloader and WiFi Access point.
- Unmatched Passive Data Acquisition: Set it and go! No hammers or weight drops required for data collection, passive data sets can be collected in as few as 10 minutes, or left overnight for massive data sets.
ACQUISITION UNIT (AU)Each Atom-3C is a self-contained, three channel data acquisition system that amplifies, digitizes and buffers the geophone output voltages.
- Channels: 3 channels per AU.
- A/D Resolution: 32-bit (24-bit result).
- Dynamic Range: 128 dB measured at 2ms, 12 dB.
- Bandwidth: 0.2 - 200 Hz.
- Distortion (THD): 0.001% at 2ms, 0.2 to 25 Hz.
- Common Mode Rejection: 114 dB at 60 Hz.
- Noise Floor:0.11 μV, RFI at 2 ms, 12 dB.
- Max Input Signal: 1.6 V, 12 dB; 100 mV, 36 dB.
- Input Impedance: 20 kOhm, 0.01 μf.
- Preamp Gain (PG): 0, 12, 24, or 36 dB.
- Sample Intervals: 0.5, 1, 2, 4, and 10 ms.
- Data Transmission: Standard 802.11g WiFi. Each AU appears as a DHCP client.
- Data Format:Common Time Blocks (CTBs) saved in proprietary ATM format, ASCII, or SEG-2; miniSEED, SAC, and SAF coming soon.
- Data Storage: 8 Gb standard; expandable to 32 Gb.
- Geophone Test: Tap test with LED indicator
- Ports: One 10-pin connector for geophone input, one 10-pin connector for battery charger.
- Power: Internal 9Ah NiMh battery pack.
- Charger: Single cable for one AU or multi-port charger for 6 AUs; charging current of 1.5 Amps per AU, 9 hours for full charge.
- Environmental: Operates from -20°C to +55°C (-4°F to +131°F).
- Waterproof and Dustproof: Passes MIL810E/F vibration test and 14-point.
- Dimensions: L: 142 mm; W: 140 mm; H: 102 mm (5.6x5.5x4.0 in).
- Weight: 1.6 kg (3.5 lb).
- Application Software: SeisImager offloads data from AUs over WiFi and automatically creates phase velocity plots and coherence curves.
Shipping Weights & DIMS (12-AU system)
|Contents||Dimensions (L x W x H)||Weight|
|Case 1 - 12 Atom-3C AU's||20in x 18in x 14in 51cm x 46cm x 36cm||35lbs 16kg|
|Case 2 - Geophones, Charger, Manual, WiFi Adaptor, Misc||20in x 18in x 14in 51cm x 46cm x 36cm||17lbs 7.7kg|
- UBC Vs30/ IBC Vs100 Site Classification
- Deep surveys of Geologic Structure
- Stratigraphic and Lithologic Studies
- Foundation Engineering
- Microzonation studies (H/V method)