How do get live dat...

Notifications
Clear all

Question How do get live data streaming from UART5 or ethernet port without using MagView.

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kuldeep)
Topic starter  

Hi guys,

I need MFAM live data streaming from ethernet or serial UART5 for my project. Initially, I am planning to write a piece of code using C++ that reads the data from one of the ports and prints it on the terminal. To be sure that data is present on UART5, I connected this port to the USB port of my laptop using a suitable cable and tried to monitor data using Putty with different baud rates but found nothing. Is data streaming available on UART5 by default? or do I need to enable it?

I can see data on the ethernet port using MagView. Ethernet port uses TCP protocol. Is there any way to enable UDP on the ethernet port? In case I write code to read the ethernet port using TCP then please suggest a suitable reference to start.

Thanks a lot

(@rzhang)
Member Admin

@kuldeep, No, the data streaming is ONLY through the Ethernet port, not the UART5 port. Current instrument software does not support the UART5 streaming.

An example C code to stream MFAM data through the Dev Kit using TCP protocol can be found at:

https://www.geometrics.com/community/mfam-software/how-to-parse-the-mfam-spi-packet/#post-1110

ReplyQuote
(@kuldeep)
Topic starter  

Thanks a lot, Rui Zhang for your prompt response. This code is valuable for me to start my work.

ReplyQuote
Share: