The MagArrow is our first ever UAS-enabled magnetometer and it’s setting a new standard for UAS magnetic surveys. The MagArrow is engineered to simplify surveys that are difficult due to the various limitations of pilot-on-board surveys and ground surveys. The MagArrow is a robust yet flexible system that can adapt to changing field conditions and new user workflows.
The MagArrow consists of an aerodynamic, light-weight carbon fiber shell with internal electronics including the MFAM™ magnetic sensors, GPS, and IMU. The MFAM™, a two sensor module inside the MagArrow is our most groundbreaking magnetometer yet, capable of highly precise measurements in an extremely lightweight and tiny package.
Operation in the field is simple. Survey details are programmed into the user’s UAS software of choice. The MagArrow is turned on, and once airborne, preprogrammed GPS waypoints carry the MagArrow in altitude stable survey lines. Once work is completed, data from the MagArrow can be wirelessly downloaded to a computer.
The MagArrow can be attached easily to a wide variety of enterprise UAS’s, and the MagArrow’s 1000 Hz sample rate and synchronized on-board GPS allow it to function independently of the UAS and the UAS software. With such a fast sample rate, surveys can be completed at speeds up to 10 m/s with samples collected every 1 cm. Revolutionize your magnetic surveying capabilities with the Geometrics MagArrow!
Features and benefits
- Lightweight: Weighs only 1 kg, allowing a flight time 20% longer than a 2.5 kg-payload UAV.
- UAS Agnostic: Attachable to most enterprise UASs
- Self-Contained: GPS, storage, and WiFi on board. No data connections to UAV needed.
- Super-Fast Sampling Rate: Fly faster, up to 10 m/s with samples every 1 cm. Filter out UAV motor noise.
- QC in the Field: View and QC data in the field using any device with a web browser app interface.
- Low Power: A single 1800 mAh lithium polymer battery will power the system for 2 hours, outlasting multiple UAV flights. Batteries are hot-swappable.
- In-Accessible Terrain: Difficult of dangerous terrain is no problem for the MagArrow, making it perfect for surveying wetlands, heavily vegetated areas, extreme terrain, or protected lands.
- Environmental: Find abandoned wells, pipes, and storage tanks quickly and with precise positioning.
- Archaeology: Survey vast distances and leave potential archaeology sites undisturbed with the MagArrow.
- Geology: Survey for regional variations in the magnetic field with the MagArrow.
- UXO Detection: Traveling at high speed with a fast sample rate, our MagArrow is the perfect tool to survey sites for detection and delineation of UXO.