Notifications
Clear all

Question Sensor box SD card

7 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
(@aldsantos)
Topic starter  

I was doing a survey, and the tablet lost connection with the sensor, with no data being saved to the tablet. So I took the SD card of the sensor box, hoping that the data was kept there at least as a backup before the survey ended and data was completely transferred to the tablet. But there is nothing on the SD card. It is empty instead of having a LOST.DIR folder that is also empty.
So, my question is, what is the sensor box SD card for?
Second, is there a way to prevent tablet disconnection from the sensor WIFI (which happens frequently) and backup data when this happens?

(@rzhang)
Member Admin

The reason why the tablet lost connection with the sensor is because the G-864 WIFI has no internet access. The tablet will try to switch to another WIFI with internet access and disconnect from the G-864. To prevent this from happening, in the warning window of the tablet, select "don't ask again for this network" and click "Yes". Please remember to do this after you have used the tablet to access the internet.

Andre Santos reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rzhang)
Member Admin

Regarding your SD card question, you must mean the USB drive, right? The drive is not for storing mag data but for running the embedded software.

ReplyQuote
(@aldsantos)
Topic starter  

Thank you.

No, I am asking about the micro SD card on the box board.

ReplyQuote
(@aldsantos)
Topic starter  

Regarding the loss of connection, I was in the middle of the field, far away from internet/WIFI connection. Indeed, it stopped collecting data.

ReplyQuote
(@rzhang)
Member Admin

@aldsantos For the current version of the embedded software, some raw data was first stored in the microSD and then transferred to the tablet. Data logging stops once the WIFI connection is lost. In the future, if we have an easier way to access the microSD, we may use it as a backup.

Andre Santos reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rzhang)
Member Admin

@aldsantos I see. Please try it anyway next time in the field. Let us know if loss of connection still occurs after you have selected to stay connected to the G-864 WIFI. Thanks!

Andre Santos reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: