Verify BAUD Rate selected on dip switches 6,7,8
Note: according to a customer this is how the switches are set as they are attempting a file transfer at 115200 BAUD.
Connect the G-857 to the computer using the download cable and a properly installed USB/RS-232 adaptor. The GEARMO Emily has will work. (Must have FTDI):
Open the MagMap Software.
1. Enter known Serial Port (My computer is COM4)
2. BAUD 115200 (Switches 6, 7 and 8 off)
3. Set a good location for the file to written to.
4. Leave Download only, open later unchecked.
5. Leave download time out 2.
On the G-857 press OUTPUT, ENTER when this window opens.
BYTES DOWNLOADED will begin to increment.
Select OK in the window below:
The downloaded Mag file should be displayed:
If the download sequence does not happen this way, it is usually a problem with:
1. USB/RS-232 Adaptor not FTDI, or driver not installed.
2. COM PORT assignment incorrect, and/or file destination not valid.
3. BAUD RATE mismatch.
4. Faulty I/O Cable PN 16492-01.
5. Faulty Computer.
6. Faulty G-857 console.
Check to make sure that the G-857 is not in Legacy Mode:
To check if Legacy Mode is enabled press:
To turn it off press:
To Turn on:
If Legacy Mode was on then the recorded data recorded needs to be downloaded as a G-856: