Introducing the newest addition to our seismic line: the GeoEel LH-16 Solid Streamer from Geometrics. Built on our experience and success with the popular GeoEel Solid digital streamer, the LH-16 ultra-high resolution streamer (UHR) expands horizons with up to 16 kHz sampling rate combined with sub meter group intervals for a solid design capable of delivering higher resolution data than ever before.
At only 44.5mm in diameter, the LH-16 is easy to deploy, easy to transport and easily shipped by air. The 100% solid construction coupled with our proprietary polymer hydrophone design eliminates bulge waves and other cable-borne noise typically seen with any liquid or gel streamer. The streamer system communicates via 100 mbps Ethernet using the Geometrics CNT-2 Controller, our long standing field proven and user friendly acquisition software. Designed by Geometrics, the GeoEel LH-16 is a product of over 50 years’ experience as an industry leader in rugged, reliable and well-supported instrumentation.
Features and benefits
- 16 channel digital sections: Better quality data, fewer connections, less time deploying and troubleshooting.
- Wide bandwidth for more applications: Sample as low as 0.062ms for surveys that require the highest resolution.
- Easily upgraded to 3D: 4 streamer network box allows for 3DHR coverage on smaller vessels of opportunity.
- Light and easy to handle: Only 44.5 mm diameter at 1m, 1.56m, 3.125m, 6.25m and custom group interval options. Contact us for more options.
- 100% solid construction: Ultra quiet with minimal tow noise, environmentally friendly, non-flammable and easily shipped by air.
- Full-featured yet simple: No 30-day training program required.
- Reliable topside equipment: Easy to use with any PC and standard Ethernet.
A/D Converter Modules
- Channels: 16 per A/D module.
- Sample intervals: 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2 ms.
- Programmable gain: x1, x4, x10, x40, x100.
- Anti-alias filter: Stop band attenuation of 105 dB above Nyquist.
- Maximum input range: 1.45 Vrms
- Resolution: 24 bits including sign.
- Input impedance: 127 kOhms, paralleled by 2.2 nF.
- Dynamic range: >120 dB typical @ 16 Khz.
- Common mode rejection: >110 dB.
- Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.001 typical at 100 Hz, full scale input, 0 dB gain.
- Record length: Up to 30,000 samples.
- Dead time: 10 ms with max average data rate of 2.1 M samples/s (dead time is 15% of recording time with 160 channels @ 16 kHz).
- Continuous recording mode: Available, with GPS synchronization.
- Noise floor: TBD.
- QC tests: Leakage and capacitance of hydrophone elements, noise, DC offset, harmonic distortion and gain similarity.
- Power consumption: 225 mW/channel.
- Calibration oscillator: 1-250 Hz, 0.3 μV to 600 mVrms
- Dimensions: DIA: 44 mm; L: 330 mm.
- Weight: 900 g.
- Packaging material: Titanium.
- Connectors: 38-pin custom Glenair.
- Number of channels: 16 per section.
- Group interval: 0.92, 1.5625, 3.125, or 6.25m.
- Hydrophones per group: 2 or 6, depending on group interval.
- Group sensitivity: -194 + 1.5 dB re 1 V/mPa.
- Low cut filter: 10 + 0.5 Hz (100 and 50 m); 15 + 1 Hz (25 m and 12.5 m).
- Hydrophone type: Proprietary polymer.
- Bird coil: ION Model-578 compatible.
- Operation depth: 30 m.
- Diameter: 44.5 mm.
- Weight: ~156 kg / 100 m.
- Strain member: Zylon.
- Working load: 560 kg.
- Minimum bend radius: 1 m.
- Weight: 0.5 kg/m.
- Strain member: Kevlar.
- Working load: 900 kg.
- Diameter: 18.5 mm.
Stretch and Vibration Isolation Section
- Length: 10 or 25 meters.
- Diameter: 41 mm (stretch) or 44.5 mm (isolation).
- Ballast fluid: Gel (stretch only).
- Stretch ratio: 15% (stretch only).
- Bird coil: ION Model-578 compatible (vib section only).
- Working load: 560 kg.
- Strain member: Zylon (isolation), Vectran (stretch).
Streamer Power Supply Unit
- Power Requirements: 115/230 VAC, 3/1.5 Amp max, 50/60 Hz.
- Voltage to Streamer: 36-60 VDC.
- I/O Communications: I/O Communications: 100Base TX Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.3 compliant.
- Trigger Requirements: Isolated input, positive or negative TTL.
- Testing: Cable leakage and resistance.
- Optional Auxiliary Inputs: 8 analog channels with 24-bit resolution.
- Ethernet Connection: RJ-45.
- Trigger Connection: BNC.
PC-based, running Geometrics CNT-2 software. Multiple shot and gather windows, bar graph noise displays, windows for shot timing, gun energy, brute stack, tape status, spectral analysis. Auto-switching between storage devices, dual tape writing. Supports multiple printers. Full log kept of all parameter changes. Integrates navigation, gun, and bird data into SEG-D or SEG-Y header.Note - All Specifications are preliminary and subject to change without notice
- Windfarm development
- Geohazard assessment
- Fault mapping
- Hydrocarbon and mineral exploration
- Tectonics and marine geology studies
- Site characterization
- Gas hydrate exploration