The model G-822A cesium airborne magnetometer provides unmatched versatility of performance, size, function, and cost effectiveness. The G-822A sensor uses a precise, proven design with carefully selected and tested components to ensure the very best specifications in sensitivity, noise, heading error and absolute accuracy.
The G-822A magnetometer outputs a Larmor frequency that corresponds to the strength of the local magnetic field. This Larmor frequency is counted by a user-supplied counter or a professional compensator such as the RMS Instruments AARC500 Automatic Digital Compensator.
The sensor and electronics package is weatherproof, temperature controlled, and delivers full performance under extreme operating conditions. With a proven record of stable and reliable operation over long periods, the G-822A is the industry standard for manned aircraft and large-unmanned aircraft surveys.
Features and benefits
- Versatile Multi-Sensor Array Capability: This instrument can be used in fixed wing, helicopter or land applications to fit any surveyor’s needs.
- Highest Sensitivity: Measure the smallest variations in the magnetic field.
- Fast Sampling: Better coverage at faster speeds.
- Very Low Heading Error: Get very clean, repeatable measurements without fear of instrument noise impacting the data.
- Low AC Field Interference: Survey next to power lines when necessary.
- Rugged and Reliable: Weatherproof. Survives three-foot drop onto hard surface.
- Ultra-stable: No need to calibrate sensors.
- Export Version Available: Use anywhere in the world without need for an export license (except embargoed countries). See specifications.
- In-Accessible Terrain: Difficult or dangerous terrain is no longer a problem, making it perfect for surveying wetlands, heavily vegetated areas, extreme terrain, or protected lands.
- Environmental: Find abandoned wells, pipes, and storage tanks quickly and with precise positioning.
- Archaeology: Survey vast distances and leave potential archaeology sites undisturbed from the air.
- Geology: Survey for regional variations in the magnetic field.
- UXO Detection: Collect data at high speed with a fast sample rate, making detection and delineation of UXO quick and easy.