Surfer is a powerful contouring, gridding, and surface mapping package for scientists, engineers, educators, or anyone who needs to generate maps quickly and easily. Creating attractive and informative publication quality maps through features such as adding multiple map layers and objects, customizing the map display, and annotating with text has never been quicker or easier. Virtually all aspects of your maps can be customized to produce the exact presentation you want.
Surfer is a grid-based mapping program that interpolates irregularly spaced XYZ data into a regularly spaced grid. Data metrics allow you to map statistical information about your gridded data, and surface area, projected planar area, and volumetric calculations can be performed quickly in Surfer. The grid files can be edited, combined, filtered, sliced, queried, and mathematically transformed, and cross-sectional profiles can also be computed and exported. Grids may also be imported from other sources, such as the United States Geological Survey (USGS). The grid is used to produce different types of maps including contour, color relief, and 3D surface maps among others. Many gridding and mapping options are available allowing you to produce the map that best represents your data.
Features and benefits
- Utilize Surfer’s extensive modeling tools to display your data the way it deserves while maintaining accuracy and precision.
- Adjust interpolation and gridding parameters, assess the spatial continuity of data with variograms, define faults and breaklines, or perform grid calculations such as volumes, transformations, smoothing, or filtering.
- Whether it is for your project manager, thesis advisor, or client, Surfer facilitates a complete and thorough understanding of data.
- Surfer’s 3D viewer makes it easy to model, analyze, and understand all aspects of your data.
- Use Surfer’s extensive LiDAR processing and visualization features to take advantage of all that LiDAR has to offer.
- Create isopach maps for structural geology, calculate volumes for inventory management or derivatives for terrain analysis, and even create site suitability models all with grid files.