The G-862RBS Recoding Base Station combines a rugged and reliable cesium sensor with a Tallysman GPS and Dog Catcher data logger making it a high-performance, complete-package magnetometer system that is perfect for any survey. The magnetometer and GPS time values are synchronized to within 1ms and the Cesium vapor technology used in the G-862RBS is stable, not requiring adjustment or periodic factory recalibration.
The default configuration of the G-862RBS provides 0.02 nT P-P performance (0.004 nT/ sqrtHz rms) at 10 samples per second, where each measurement is time-tagged by the GPS data as it arrives from the Tallysman receiver. These time-stamped magnetic field measurements are presented as a serial data stream in ASCII format and logged by the Dog Catcher serial data logger. Because the base station’s measurements are time stamped and GPS-synchronized, they are easily and automatically combined with a similarly configured magnetometer system – whether it is stationary or mobile.
The precise, synchronous records obtained from a mobile magnetic survey system and the stationary G-862RBS will permit the recognition and removal of both the diurnal variation of the earth’s field as well as higher frequency magnetic signals due to spherics.
Features and benefits
- Excellent Performance: High sensitivity cesium vapor magnetometer ensures that ambient field is recorded with precision.
- Bluetooth Monitoring Capability: View the data from afar using any Android Device and Geometrics’ MagMonitor Application.
- Extensive Data Storage: One Gigabyte USB drive allows up to 21 days of continuous recording at 10Hz.
- Status Lights: Perform QC checks by simply viewing flashing lights on data logger display.
- Weatherproof: O-ring sealed for use in 100% humidity.
- Easy To Use: Put the entire system together in minutes while in the field. Flip a switch and you’re recording!
- Well-suited for applications that require stationary monitoring of the total magnetic field.