The G-862RBS Base Station Magnetometer combines a rugged and reliable cesium sensor with a Tallysman GPS and Dog Catcher data logger making it a high-performance, complete-package magnetometer system that is perfect for any survey. The magnetometer and GPS time values are synchronized to within 1ms and the Cesium vapor technology used in the G-862RBS is stable, not requiring adjustment or periodic factory recalibration.
The default configuration of the G-862RBS provides 0.02 nT P-P performance (0.004 nT/ sqrtHz rms) at 10 samples per second, where each measurement is time-tagged by the GPS data as it arrives from the Tallysman receiver. These time-stamped magnetic field measurements are presented as a serial data stream in ASCII format and logged by the Dog Catcher serial data logger. Because the base station’s measurements are time stamped and GPS-synchronized, they are easily and automatically combined with a similarly configured magnetometer system – whether it is stationary or mobile.
The precise, synchronous records obtained from a mobile magnetic survey system and the stationary G-862RBS will permit the recognition and removal of both the diurnal variation of the earth’s field as well as higher frequency magnetic signals due to spherics.
Features and benefits
- Excellent Performance: High sensitivity cesium vapor magnetometer ensures that ambient field is recorded with precision.
- Bluetooth Monitoring Capability: View the data from afar using any Android Device and Geometrics’ MagMonitor Application.
- Extensive Data Storage: One Gigabyte USB drive allows up to 21 days of continuous recording at 10Hz.
- Status Lights: Perform QC checks by simply viewing flashing lights on data logger display.
- Weatherproof: O-ring sealed for use in 100% humidity.
- Easy To Use: Put the entire system together in minutes while in the field. Flip a switch and you’re recording!
- Operating Principle: Self-oscillating split-beam Cesium Vapor (non-radioactive).
- Magnetometer Operating Range: 20,000 to 100,000 nT
- Operating Zones: The earth’s field vector should be at an angle greater than 10° from the sensor’s equator and greater than 10° from the sensor’s long axis. Automatic hemisphere switching
- Noise: < 0.004 nT/√Hzrms. (SX (export) version: 0.02 nT/√Hzrms).
- GPS Receiver: Time accuracy: 20ns, RMS, max. data rate; 1 Hz
- Data Logger: Serial logger, removable military grade USB memory stick or Android device.
- Data Format: ASCII, MS Windows PC compatible, FAT16 file format.
- Capacity: 21 days using 1 Gb USB memory stick while recording at 10 Hz rate with GPS receiver output set to provide GPRMC data sentence.
- Storage Temperature: -48°F to +158°F (-45°C to +70°C)
- Operating Temperature: -30°F to +122°F (-35°C to +50°C)
- Cable Length: 3 ft (0.9 m).
- Electronics Module Dimensions: DIA: 7 cm; L: 38.7 cm; Weight: .91 kg (15.25 x 2.75 in; 2 lbs.)
- Sensor Dimensions: DIA: 7 cm; L: 17.2 cm; Weight: .82 kg with cable. (6.75 in x 2.75; 1.8 lb).
- Standard Accessories: 110-220 VAC (50-60hz) power supply, Flash card reader, shipping/storage case, Geometrics MagMapTM data processing and display software.
- Altitude: Up to 30,000 ft (9000 m).
- Weatherproof: O-Ring sealed for operation in the rain and/or 100% humidity
- Power: 10 to 36 VDC, 30 Watt or 110-220 VAC (50-60 Hz).
Shipping Weights & DIMS
|Contents||Dimensions (L x W x H)||Weight|
|Case 1 - G-862RBS Magnetometer||22in x 15in x 28in
56cm x 38cm x 71cm
- Well-suited for applications that require stationary monitoring of the total magnetic field.