StrataVisor NZ Software and Specifications
MGOS Basic Package
The StrataVisor NZ comes standard with MGOS operating software. This allows operation of all internal channels and will also control external Geode in-field modules and other A/D channels located in other NZ chassis. Consult a Geometrics applications specialist to ensure that you are ordering software that is appropriately configured for your system.
Bundled Applications Software
The StrataVisor NZ comes standard with industry-leading applications software to help you get the most from your StrataVisor NZ seismograph. The applications software will help you analyze and process your data so you get in-field answers quickly for yourself and your clients.
There are two kinds of software included: applications that can be 'launched' from within the seismograph acquisition program and software that operates 'stand-alone' on your PC. All applications software packages are fully functional for analyzing your data, but usually limit the amount of data that can analyzed. More complete packages are available with additional features from Geometrics. Included with the StrataVisor NZ:
SIPQC refraction analysis software. Delay-time refraction software. Operates on seismograph.
SeisImager refraction and modeling software. Operates on seismograph.
WinSeis-TURBO reflection processing software (StrataVisor NX and NZ only)
- Lightweight field-rugged PC with no seismic channels for use as a standalone
field computer or controller for Geode distributed modules.
- Integrated seismic recorder - add 3, 6, 8, 12 or 16 to 64 built-in channels
(in 8 channel increments).
- Connect multiple NZ’s and operate from a single keypad.
- Runs Windows TM XP operating system and includes all software for controlling
internal channels and up to 4 lines of Geode modules. Total number of channels
limited only by practical survey requirements.
- A/D Conversion: 24-bit result using Crystal Semiconductor sigma-delta
converters and Geometrics proprietary over-sampling.
- Dynamic Range: 144 dB (system), 110 dB (instantaneous) at 2 ms, 24 dB.
- Distortion: 0.0005% @ 2 ms, 1.75 to 208 Hz.
- Bandwidth: 1.75 Hz to 20 kHz. Low corner frequency option available.
- Common Mode Rejection: > 100dB at <= 100 Hz, 36 dB.
- Cross Talk: -125 dB at 23.5 Hz, 24 dB, 2 ms.
- Noise Floor: 0.20 μV, RFI at 2 ms, 36 dB, 1.75 to 208 Hz.
- Stacking Trigger Accuracy: 1/32 of sample interval.
- Maximum Input Signal: 2.8V PP, 0 dB, 177 mV PP, 24 dB.
- Input Impedance: 20 kOhm, 0.02 μf.
- Preamplifier Gains: Standard factory configuration is 24 and 36 db, selectable
in software. Optionally, can be jumpered for software selectable 12 and 24 dB or
can be jumpered in four channel blocks as a single fixed gain of 0 dB for highvoltage
- Anti-alias Filters: Set automatically, -3 dB at 83% of Nyquist down 90 dB.
- Acquisition Filters:
Low Cut: OUT, 10, 15, 25, 35, 50, 70, 100, 140, 200, 280, 400 Hz, 24 dB/
Notch: 50, 60, 150, 180 Hz and OUT, with the 50 dB rejection bandwidth
2% of center frequency.
High Cut: OUT, 250, 500 or 1000 Hz, 24 dB/ octave.
- Customer filter frequencies available as an option.
- Display filters can also be applied to the data with any user-defined corner
frequency, but do not affect the recorded results.
- Sample Interval: 0.02, 0.03125, 0.0625, 0.125, 0.25, 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 4.0, 8.0, 16.0
- Correlation: Built-in high-speed hardware correlator for Vibroseis. Optional
pilot conditioning for acquisition of pseudo-random (MiniSosie) sources.
- Record Length: 16,384 samples standard, 65,536 samples optional.
- Pre-trigger Data: Up to full record length.
- Intelligent Self-Trigger: Available for earthquake and vibration monitoring.
- Continuous Recording: Available for vibration monitoring.
- Delay: 0 to 100 sec in 1 sample steps.
- Auxiliary Channels: All channels can be programmed as either AUX or DATA.
- CDP Roll Along: Software selectable channels can be rolled through total
- Instrument Tests (Requires internal test oscillator): Noise, DC offset, gain and
phase similarity, distortion, bandwidth, timing accuracy, crossfeed.
Line and Geophone Tests:
- Built-In: natural frequency, damping and line resistance. Full waveform
waterfall-style noise monitor displays real-time output from geophones.
- Optional (requires internal test-oscillator: phase similarity, cross-talk,
impedance, distortion and leakage (leakage may require separate ground).
- Data Formats: SEG-2, SEG-D and SEG-Y.
- System Software: Runs under Windows TM XP operating system. Uses
- Geometrics MGOS software to control acquisition on internal channels and up to 4
lines of external channels housed in Geode distributed modules. System includes
the following 2nd party applications software:
- SIPQC refraction software from Rimrock Geophysics
- SeisImager refraction modeling and analysis software from OYO
- WinSeis-Turbo reflection software from the Kansas Geological Survey
- SeisImager SW surface wave software from Geometrics
- Refraction software packages installed on instrument are configured for in-field
analysis and may require attaching a keyboard and mouse. Full desktop versions of
these packages are available either from Geometrics. See separate publications for
more detail on software packages.
- Data Storage: Stores data on internal hard drive or external USB or network
devices. Records in SEG2, SEGY or SEGD.
- Plotters: Built-in 4” thermal plotter. Drives a variety of NT compatible plotters
including Printrex 4, 8 and 12 inch continuous thermal plotters.
- Triggering: Positive TTL, negative TTL or contact closure, software adjustable
threshold. Will also trigger on events in the data in real time.
- Power: 30W plus 0.65W/channel during acquisition. Standby mode reduces
channel power consumption by 70%. Requires external 12V supply.
- Environmental: Boots from +5 C to 40 C. Operates from –5 C to 40 C. Extended
temperature version available to +60 C. Operates in a light rain, water resistant with
cover closed. Passes MIL810E/F vibration test.
- Field PC with no seismic channels: 10.5“L x 18"W x 13“D (27cm L x 45.7 cm
W x 46 cm D), weighs 27 lb ( 12.3 kg)
- Seismic recorder with 3-64 internal channels: 10.5“L x 18"W x 21 “D
(26.7cm L x 34 cm W x 33 cm D), weighs 38 lb (18 kg)
- Warranty: Two year parts and labor. Extended warranty available.