Geode Ultra-Light Exploration Seismograph
The new Geode seismic recorder combines the best of Geometrics' traditional seismic recorders with the flexibility and convenience of a distributed system. It's ideal for refraction or reflection, downhole or VSP - even tomography surveys.
The Geode seismic modules house from 3 to 24 channels each, weigh only 8 lbs.(3.6 kg) and interconnect using inexpensive digital network cable. The Geode will run all day on a small 12v battery and sleeps when not in use.
Geode architecture and Geometrics software lets you build seismic recording systems from 3 to 1000 channels with multiple lines and built-in roll capability. The low power Geodes even have an on-board hardware correlator that can be used for swept sources and MiniSosie (psuedo-random) surveys and compress data before transmission.
For light-duty applications, you can run the Geode from your laptop to view, record, and process your data. The software interfaces to the Geode as a simple high-speed network device, eliminating the need for special drivers and cards. For more demanding applications where ruggedness and reliability are key, use the Geode in combination with Geometrics' StrataVisor NZ series seismographs.
Place a Geode module out on the line close to the geophones or well head and eliminate long, expensive analog cables. Never hassle with poor connections and bad roll box contacts when doing a reflection survey. And when you are not using the Geode for exploring, use it for monitoring earthquakes, quarry blasts or vibration from heavy equipment.
And because getting the answer is key, Geometrics bundles the Geode with a suite of no-charge industry-standard professional software that expands you capabilities for commercial or research applications.
- Versatile Seismic Recorder: Petroleum exploration and monitoring, engineering studies, depth to bedrock, fault and fracture location, hydrologic investigations, research and teaching.
- Reflection: Suitable for shallow reflection, deep reflection, 2-D and 3-D surveys
- Refraction: Comes with built-in first break picking and analysis
- Marine Surveys: Very fast time between shots, real-time single-trace gathers, gun monitoring, noise snapshots, tape swapping for 24/7 operation.
- Sub-bottom Profiling: Works with boomers, sparkers, bubble-pulse sources or air guns
- 4-D Time Lapse Surveys: Weather-proof Geodes can be left in place or redeployed easily for accurate repeat surveys
- Gun Boat Monitor: Optional wireless interface transmits signature to recording vessel
- Earthquake Monitoring: Uses STA/LTA type algorithm to trigger on incoming data stream, synchronizes with GPS clock
- Continuous Recording: Continuous mode plus GPS synchronization for blast and vibration monitoring, general industrial applications.
- Ultra Light-weight: 8 lb., 3.6 kg, modules are easy to carry and deploy.
- *3 Year Warranty: Supported by full time customer service staff with 4 technicians, 4 geophysicists, real-time on-line support available.
- Expandable:* Available with 3 to 24 channels per module; connect more modules to build low cost distributed systems up to 1000 channels.
- Unmatched Specifications: 24 bit, ultra-high resolution 20 kHz bandwidth (8 to 0.02 ms sampling), low distortion (0.0005%), low noise (0.2uV), stacking accuracy (1/32 of sample interval).
- Very Rugged: Passes MIL810E vibration test, survives 1.5m drop onto concrete in 14 orientations, submersible.
- Easy Interface: Connects to any laptop or PC via standard network port or interfaces with Geometrics' new StrataVisor NZ series seismographs for professional applications in harsh environments. Plug the Geode into your building network and operate it remotely.
- Noiseless Digital Transmission: Data transmitted from Geodes digitally on light, inexpensive cable, eliminating heavy, noise prone analog lines.
- Complete Performance and Line Testing: Built-in test finds bad geophones, cables. Interfaces with Geometrics field portable test oscillator when specifications verfication is required.
- Bundled No-Charge Professional Software Gives Quick Answers:
- Geometrics built-in first break picker and layer assignment tool.
- Industry-standard refraction analysis (SIPQC) from Rimrock Geophysics. Field version3
- Versatile Seisimager-Lite with modeling, interpretation. Field version3
- Reflection processing software (WinSeis-Lite)
See Datasheet for specifications