G-824A Cesium Magnetometer
Geometrics introduces the new G-824A Suprema-C Cesium Vapor magnetometer with an ultra-high sensitivity of 350 fT/√Hz RMS sensitivity and ultra high sample rates up to 1000 Hz.
The New G-824A Suprema-C
The Geometrics Model G-824A mates the well-proven high-performance cesium sensor with new sensitive internal sensor driver and Larmor counter electronics. Improved low noise amplifiers have now lowered the noise floor to approximately 350 fT (femto-Telsa). This advanced integrated magnetometer provides unmatched versatility in performance, small size, low weight, wide application range and cost effectiveness.
The system's high performance and multi-function capability are excellent for mapping geologic structure for mineral and gas exploration. Rapid sample rates enhance the detection and delineation of targets for environmental, archaeological or UXO and EOD surveys. Detection ranges, classification and precision mapping are improved by the G-824A performance and in some cases provide results not achievable by any other means. The G-824A meets the highest standards for airborne, land or marine surveys meeting rigorous vibration and environmental testing standards.
Gradiometer sensor arrays are particularly effective for geologic mapping and search. The G-824A provides the ability to concatenate RS-232 outputs from up to 8 sensor/counter assemblies into a single digital stream, transmitted up a single cable and record on a single computer serial port. Each of these sensors is synchronized to within 1ms for simultaneous measurement and true gradient measurements.
- Airborne and vehicle applications with multi-sensor array capability
- Extreme Sensitivity and Speed - 350 fT/√Hz RMS and 1000 Hz with internal counter
- Very Low Heading Error ─ ±0.15nT over 360˚equatorial and polar spins. Systems supplied with spin curves for gradiometer installation curve matching
- Versatility - includes 6 channel 12 bit A/D converters for digitization of altimeter or other analog signals, digital data stream concatenation, telemetry option, wide voltage range
- Reliability and Ruggedness - Cesium magnetometers never need be returned to factory for calibration or tuning. Design for tough environmental conditions and high "G" loads
- Gradiometer arrays offering simultaneous operation of up to eight separate sensors using the designed-in serial port concatenation capability
- Geometrics offers complete turnkey systems including birds, stingers, wingtip installation accessories as well as digital data acquisition systems, post acquisition Magnetic Compensation software, Flight path recovery cameras, GPS navigation, gamma ray spectrometers and post acquisition data processing software and training
Geometrics, Inc. also provides G-824 systems for stationary mounted configurations that can address surveillance and other remote detection applications. These systems are identical in all performance and reliability standards except that heading error is not specified. These "B" systems are offered for land or marine base station use. The G-824B system comes complete with interconnect cables, power/data junction box, power supply and optional tripod assembly.